Sunday, February 12, 2012

SNOW DAY and Effect on Midterm Exam



UPDATE- Monday Morning

It must be bad out on the roads because Tech has cancelled classes until noon today. See you tonight at Group OH or tomorrow evening at the exam.

Original Post
AS I am sure you all have heard, the start of classes will be delayed until 10 AM tomorrow (Monday) morning. Generally, I don't mind the extra couple of hours of sleep, but because there are BIOL 1404 lectures at 9 and 10 and the test is Tuesday night, the delay of school is kind of a PIA for me.

Here is the plan. I will not lecture about Community Ecology during the 10 AM lecture period. Instead, I will make the class period an additional opportunity to ask questions about the exam. I will lecture about Community Ecology in both the 9 and 10 AM lectures on Wednesday. I will lecture as planned in the Honors section.

Because we will not have the second lecture on Community Ecology before the exam, I will modify the exam to remove questions on that topic. Thus, for the test on Tuesday you are responsible only through the material covered in class last Friday. Thus, you are not responsible for the material on the Portal Experiment on this midterm.

Be careful getting to campus tomorrow. I will see some of you in Group OH on Monday night and all of you our Valentine Day Party (Midterm at 6 PM).

No comments:

Post a Comment