Sunday, February 5, 2012

Copy of "Old" Midterm #1


Hello Everyone,

Here is a link to a copy of the First Midterm from 2010, the last time I have taught BIOL 1404. The purpose of posting a copy of this exam is to give you an idea of the form of questions that I will ask. You can find the answers to these questions at the bottom of this post.

http://www.slideshare.net/MarkMcGinley/biol-1404-midterm-1-2010

Warning #1. Invariably, I will manage to post at least one incorrect answer on the answer key (that's right, it is hard for me to get 100% on my own exam!). So if an answer appears to make no sense, then it is probably a mistake. I hope that I have gotten all of the answers posted correctly, and I apologize in advance for any errors. Please don't come and bitch at me if there are any problems!

Warning #2. In the past, I have seen lots of students who study by focusing far too much on the past exams. If you understand the material related to the questions on the past exams then that suggests that you will be able to perform well on your exam. However, if you have only learned the answers to those 30 questions, then it is unlikely that you will perform well on your midterm.

Answers.

1 b
2 c
3 d
4 d
5 e
6 d
7 d
8 d
9 e
10 c
11 c
12 b
13 c
14 c
15 e
16 a
17 a
18 c
19 d
20 c
21 d
22 d
23 a
24 b
25 b
26 d
27 a
28 d
29 e
30 e

No comments:

Post a Comment